GDPR is the General Data Protection Regulation. It’s important because:
- Fines have increased from a maximum of £500,000 to 4% of annual global turnover or €20,000,000, whichever is higher;
- SME’s and large businesses alike WILL be fined for non-compliance;
- We are currently in the grace period. If you are not GDPR compliant by 25th May 2018 you risk being fined;
- The regulation still applies to the UK irrespective of Brexit;
- Would you ignore Health & Safety Legislation? No, then don’t ignore GDPR.
Countdown to GDPR
Don't get caught out
GDPR DOES NOT APPLY TO ME!
YES IT DOES!
If you do any of the following GDPR will apply to you:
- Have any employees (including family members); or
- Take payments using BACS, e-commerce or a card machine; or
- Take customer details, including names, telephone numbers, home address details or email addresses; or
- Use suppliers or subcontractors or pay people for services, for example a book-keeper.
GDPR has not been highly publicised in the media, but this will change now we are in 2018. If you leave it too late it be extremely difficult to be compliant in time.
Contact us for a FREE consultation
E-Mail:Nicola@globalgdpr.com or Avril@globalgdpr.com
Telephone: Avril on 07932 863 953 or Nicola on 07932 863 934 (long ring please!)